The Little Beans

The Little Beans

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A trip down memory lane


Lately my great grandmother has been on my mind along with many fond memories from when I was an itsy bitsy kid. When I was younger, my great grandma spent lots of family time with us and seemed to always bring us candy. There was tons of excitement when my brother and I knew great grandma was coming over. My favorite treat she brought was the chocolate cigarettes, from I think Fanny Farmers, they even came in the cutest little plastic cigarette case. I guess it wouldn't be as special if I could just run out and get it myself but I wish I could just to have my great grandmother and those chocolates back for just a second. They don't make em anymore. Thank God! I remember puffin on them and pretending I was so cool. Nowadays I would never give my kids candy that resembled a cigarette. I hardly even give them candy period. Times are sure different. The thing is, I am so glad to have these captured moments come sprinkling back to my mind. Sadly these moments cannot be duplicated, but that's what makes them so dear. Funny, I bet my great grandmother never thought giving me chocolate cigarettes would ever leave such a lasting feeling of being loved and a reminder of such an awesome childhood. What are your favorite memories from your childhood?

No comments:

Post a Comment