The Little Beans

The Little Beans

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The itch is back (a good itch)

Oh I am so excited for spring! The kids and I just visited the George Eastman House. Right now the Dutch Connection exhibit is running. The rooms filled with flowers were so lovely and the smells were so fresh and exquisite. My son asks everyday, "how many more days till summer?" We are without question, not winter people. Last year we had such a great time growing squash, peas, and our favorite flower morning glories! Sun flowers sprouted in weird places because the little guy must have taken seeds without me knowing. All of the sudden there would be giant sunflowers growing out from the basement window wells and right through the rhododendrons. It was hilarious, almost as bad as the year when I grew gourds. Thats a whole other catastrophe. The kids and I have yet to plan or not plan this upcoming seasons gardening however, the anticipation is half the fun. We planted about a hundred new bulbs in the front yard by the huge bear carving, I cannot wait to post that picture when it comes. Stay tuned. Spring is just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment